When you launch SpeedyPC Pro the program window is displayed. After starting the program you can minimize the window to the system tray and have the program running in the background. You can then use the system tray icon to access the program when required.
Start the Program
You can launch the program from the Start menu.
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7:
- Click Start and select All Programs, SpeedyPC Software, SpeedyPC Pro, SpeedyPC Pro
Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista:
- From the Desktop, press the Windows Start key on your keyboard, type SpeedyPC Pro, and select SpeedyPC Pro from the list.
- From the Desktop, type SpeedyPC Pro into the search box located in the task bar, and select SpeedyPC Pro from the list.
You can also start the program by doing one of the following:
- Double-click the SpeedyPC Pro desktop icon.
- Click the SpeedyPC Pro Quick Launch icon.
The creation of these icons occurs during the install steps.
Exit the Program
When you close the program window you will be asked if you wish to minimize or fully exit the program.
To exit the program do one of the following:
- From the program window, click the X button located at the top-right of the window. Click the Exit button in the dialog box.
- From the system tray, right-click the SpeedyPC Pro icon and select Exit.
You can also choose to exit the program every time you click the X button without the dialog appearing on the General Settings page.
You can minimize the program window to the system tray. The system tray is the notification part of the taskbar that can include icons actively running and contains system controls such as clock, volume, and network. When you minimize the window to the system tray SpeedyPC Pro runs silently in the background and the icon remains displayed there.
To minimize the program window:
- Click the X button located at the top-right of the window.
- A confirmation dialog is displayed. Click the Minimize button.
With the program window minimized to the system tray, you can open the program from the system tray icon.